Are you an employer needing to make a furlough claim through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)? Let us help:
- The CJRS has since been extended again, and now runs up until the 30th April 2021 for all parts of the UK.
- From the 1st of November, the UK government will pay 80% of employee’s usual wages for the hours not worked, up to a maximum of £2,500 per month.
- To claim for periods from the 1st of November, you and your employees do not need to have benefitted from the scheme before. For the full eligibility criteria, visit GOV.UK.
- For claim periods from December 2020, HMRC intends to publish details of employers who use the scheme, and employees will be able to discover if their employer has claimed for them under the furlough scheme.
- Claims now have monthly deadlines, and claims for periods beginning on or after the 1st of November must be submitted within 14 calendar days after the month they relate to – unless this happens to fall on a weekend, in which case the deadline will be the next weekday. For more detailed guidance, visit GOV.UK and search ‘claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’.
- As of February 2021, the Job Retention Bonus will no longer be paid and an alternative incentive will be put in place at the appropriate time.
The launch of the Job Support Scheme scheduled to begin on the 1st of November has been postponed due to the extension of the CJRS.
How we can help with your furlough claim:
Submit any claims for periods up to 31 October on or before 30 November.
Claims for periods up to after 30 November. Claims are subject to eligibility and the rules in force at the time. Search ‘Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’ on GOV.UK for full eligibility criteria.
Below is a list of the ways in which we can help simplify the furlough process for you:
- We will help you understand and apply the new guidance, and check to see if you and your employees are eligible
- We will help you agree upon working hours with those employees you wish to furlough for November, and agree upon any changes that might need to be made to their employment contract
- We will help you determine how much you are able to claim for your employees
- Help you submit any claims for periods from 1st November
- We will also help you keep records supporting the amount of CJRS grant you claim, in case needed by HMRC
Why Choose Us?
We might not be the best at everything, but we’re definitely the best at what we do! From taking the hassle out of payroll, and helping employers and employees get the most out of the Kickstart scheme, to assisting and supporting individuals with their furlough claims; our services are designed to make life easier for you.
For more details about any of our professional services, simply complete our online contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Reliable customer service